Vistas:343 Autor:Editor del sitio Hora de publicación: 2023-03-13 Origen:Sitio
Floor mounted magnetic door stop is a device used to secure doors by holding them in place with the help of a magnet. It is a versatile and convenient option that can be used in a variety of settings including homes, offices, hotels and hospitals. The floor mounted magnetic door stop works by mounting a magnet and a striker plate on the door and the floor respectively. When the door is opened or closed, the magnet and the striker plate pull and latch onto each other to hold the door in place. The door can be easily released by applying a gentle force to it.
The floor mounted magnetic door stop is a great alternative to traditional door stops that are mounted on the wall. These wall mounted door stops are not only less aesthetically pleasing, but they can also cause damage to the walls over time. The floor mounted magnetic door stop, on the other hand, can be installed anywhere on the floor without causing damage or leaving any unsightly marks on the walls.
One of the biggest advantages of floor mounted magnetic door stops is that they prevent doors from slamming shut. This can be especially useful in homes with children or pets, as it reduces the risk of injury or damage to the doors. In addition, the floor mounted magnetic door stop is also extremely durable and can withstand heavy use over time.
The installation of a floor mounted magnetic door stop is a simple and straightforward process that can be done by anyone with basic DIY skills. Here are the steps involved in the installation process:
1. First, determine the location where you want the door stop to be installed. It is important to choose a spot that is at least 3 inches away from the edge of the door to ensure that the door can swing freely.
2. Next, mark the location where the striker plate will be installed. Use a pencil to trace the outline of the striker plate onto the floor.
3. Use a drill bit to create a hole in the center of the marked area. The hole should be approximately 5/8 inch in diameter and 3/4 inch deep.
4. Insert the striker plate into the hole and secure it in place using screws.
5. Hold the magnet against the door, making sure it is aligned with the striker plate on the floor. Mark the location of the magnet on the door.
6. Use a drill bit to create a hole in the center of the marked area. The hole should be approximately 5/8 inch in diameter and 3/4 inch deep.
7. Insert the magnet into the hole and secure it in place using screws.
8. Test the door stop by opening and closing the door to ensure that the magnet and striker plate are latching onto each other properly.
That's it! Your floor mounted magnetic door stop is now installed and ready to use.
Like any other household device, the floor mounted magnetic door stop requires regular maintenance and care to ensure its long-term reliability and effectiveness. Here are some tips on how to maintain and care for your floor mounted magnetic door stop:
1. Check the screws and bolts regularly: Over time, the screws and bolts that hold the striker plate and magnet in place may become loose. To ensure that the door stop remains securely in place, it is important to check these screws and bolts regularly and tighten them if necessary.
2. Clean the magnet and striker plate: A buildup of dirt or debris on the magnet or striker plate can weaken the magnetic force and reduce the effectiveness of the door stop. To prevent this, it is important to clean the magnet and striker plate regularly with a damp cloth.
3. Avoid using abrasive cleaners: Abrasive cleaners can scratch the surface of the magnet and striker plate, which can reduce their effectiveness. it is therefore important to avoid using abrasive cleaners and instead opt for a mild detergent solution.
4. Check the door alignment: If the door is not aligned properly, it may put strain on the magnet and striker plate and cause them to become loose over time. It is important to check the alignment of the door regularly and adjust it as necessary.
5. Lubricate the hinges: The hinges of the door can become stiff over time, which can put extra strain on the door stop. To prevent this, it is important to lubricate the hinges regularly with a silicone-based lubricant.
By following these simple maintenance and care tips, you can ensure that your floor mounted magnetic door stop remains in top condition for many years to come.
Overall, the floor mounted magnetic door stop is a great option for anyone looking for a convenient and reliable way to secure their doors. With its simple and effective design, it is sure to provide years of trouble-free use.